Changes to the Terms
From time to time the Office may change, remove, add or otherwise modify the Terms, and reserves the right to do so in its discretion. In that case, the Office will post the updated Terms to the Website and indicate the date of the revision. The Office encourages you to periodically check back here often to review and confirm the current Terms. All new and/or amended Terms take effect immediately.
“AS IS” Basis
The information on this Website is provided as general information only and is not to be considered as health, dietary, lifestyle or travel advice, or any other advice. All the information provided on this Website is for general information and entertainment purposes only and is the expressed opinion of the Office (Jessica Korteman) and/or Website contributors. This includes (but is not limited to) our membership organizations and/or employers.
Even though we take reasonable measures to provide you with up-to-date information and ensure that the content of this Website is accurate, we make no representations or warranties of any kind (expressed or implied) about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of any information, products, services or related graphics contained on this Website, for any purpose.
We are not providing any legal, medical, lifestyle or professional advice. You are taking all the provided information at your own risk. Please contact your local competent professional if you need further information before making a decision based on the content of this Website.
The Website is provided on an “as is” basis and in particular we do not accept liability for any of the following:
- Any loss or damage which may arise in any way out of using the content on this Website.
- Unavailability of, and any loss that is incurred as a result of the Website due to system errors or issues. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period of time. We will however try to get the website back online as soon as possible. Although we try to keep the Website running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, access to the Website may be temporarily or permanently suspended and without notice, at our own discretion for any reason, including to perform updates or technical issues beyond our control. This may include difficulties we have with our settings if converted to another language (e.g. Japanese) where there is a system issue with the language characters.
- Any loss or damage (including without limitation indirect or consequential loss or damage) or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website.
- Any misunderstanding or offense taken due to translation, interpretation or mistakes in grammar and/or punctuation of our Website’s content.
- Errors in, or omissions from or inaccuracy of the content on this Website.
- Any loss or damage caused to any equipment or software owing to any viruses, defects or malfunctions in connection with accessing or using this Website.
We aim to provide you with accurate information at the time of publishing, but some information will understandably become less accurate over time. We advise you to double check any information provided on this Website, especially, but not limited to, ingredients, availability of food or services, current prices, addresses, opening hours, phone numbers, travel information and website addresses.
Owners of the Website
Unless otherwise noted, we the Office (Jessica Korteman) are the legal copyright holders of all written, multimedia and graphic material on this Website and it may not be used, reprinted, (partially) modified or published without our written consent. A link to www.japanesefoodguide.com must appear in all copies of any artwork or content, including articles, press releases and similar publications (online or print).
Location of the Website
This Website is controlled and offered by the Office from its location in Melbourne Australia. The Office makes no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you are accessing or using the Website from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local law.
Guest bloggers and other contributors or people who comment on our blog (“Third Parties”) are responsible for the accuracy of their own submitted material on our Website and have to ensure that their work complies with national and relevant foreign laws and regulations. The opinions expressed by Third Parties are their own and do not represent the position or beliefs of japanesefoodguide.com.
Third Parties and you agree not to use the Website to:
- Transmit Content (as defined below) that you do not have the right to transmit, for example, under intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy or other applicable laws;
- Transmit unsolicited or unauthorised Content, including advertising or promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation or advertising;
- Transmit Content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy hard ware, telecommunications equipment or otherwise interferes with or disrupts the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website;
- Transmit Content that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful, intimidating or otherwise harasses, is discriminatory, false or misleading, incites an illegal act, or is otherwise in breach of your obligations to any person or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations;
- Impersonate another person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Transmit any personally identifiable information about persons under 13 years of age.
Ownership of Content
You understand that all material, data and information such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files, or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images (collectively “Content”) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Website is the sole and exclusive property of the Office or unless material is acquired by the Office with permission from stock photography or other illustrators, writers or organisations, in which case it is that organisation’s property and subject to their proprietary rights.
We may collect anonymous data from you while using this Website. You may also willingly provide personal information to us by leaving a comment, signing up to a mailing list, or by using a contact form. Any personal and/or contact information provided to us will be kept private, unless you give us explicit consent to share it with a Third Party and/or we are required to by law.
Email addresses provided when commenting on the site will only be used for the purpose of replying to your comment and will not be added to any mailing list, unless you yourself opt-in to receive any such correspondence of your own free will.
We engage with some Third Parties or Advertisers (defined below) in the running of this website, whom may collect personal information and are governed by their own Privacy Policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any of our Advertisers, Affiliate Links (defined below), or blog commenters.
Like many Websites, the Office may collect information in the form of “Cookies” to store information about users who visit this Website. We use that data to compile statistics about your preferences, how the Website is used by you, such as what pages you accessed, what documents you downloaded and what tabs are opened. Gathering this information about Website usage helps the Office understand what users find useful and also helps us to update the user experience of the Website. Our Advertisers may also utilize Cookies when collecting information about how users interact with links to their products.
Reservation of Rights
At our own discretion, we, the Office (Jessica Korteman), reserve the right to change the focus of the Website (including the blog), including closing down the Website, selling it, changing the Terms (including, but not limited to, going to a paid platform).
Advertisers and Sponsors
This Website may contain advertisements, sponsored content, paid insertions, affiliate links (“Affiliate Links”) or other forms of monetization (“Advertisers”). Affiliate Links are not controlled by the Office. Affiliate Links are subject to the license terms of the Advertisers and the Office encourages you to always verify the license of any such Affiliate Links and their content, before use.
We are not responsible for the actions of our Advertisers. If you purchase a product or service based on information or a link from our Website to an Advertiser, you must take action with that Advertiser to resolve any issues.
Any product, claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the Advertiser, manufacturer, provider or party in question.
We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. If we receive compensation or payment for any content from Advertisers or others, we will clearly identify that content as paid or sponsored content. We/the Office is never directly compensated to provide opinion on products, services, other websites or other topics.
Affiliate Links disclosure
Affiliate links appear on this site. Affiliate links may earn us a commission on any leads or purchases made after clicking on one of these links. You should assume that every link on this Website is an Affiliate Link, and if you interact with it by clicking on it, or by clicking on it and buying something, we may make a commission. You will never be charged extra for use of these links.
We will do our absolute best to only provide you with information about (food, beverage and travel) products that we truly believe in. We will never take your trust for granted. All reviews on our website will be presented honestly and we will disclose whether we will be receiving any commissions or products for free.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Letters to the Editor
Any letters, emails, blog comments, responses on social media platforms such as (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube, or questions written directly to us may be used to share with our blogging audience unless specifically requested otherwise. (Part of) these letters or emails, questions or any other feedback may be used in newsletters, blog posts, social media pages, columns, articles, books, videos or media kits.
If you have any questions about our Website or these Terms, including any complaints, please contact us by email at: [email protected] (Jessica Korteman)
Featured image: Photo by Christin Hume via Unsplash.